Measures for Ensuring Quality
DBFL Consulting Engineers is registered to the internationally recognised ISO 9001:2008 quality standard, awarded by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) and the DBFL Procedures Manual outlines the guidelines that are followed by all the management, engineers, technicians and administration staff within the organisation. Our procedures, detailing all aspects of the service we provide, and how we provide it, assist us in delivering a high-quality design and end-product to our clients, ie how we implement design quality control.
DBFL’s quality assurance system ensures the achievement of a high standard of performance and work production with an emphasis on monitoring what is done against what should be done. Our QA procedures include systems for identifying and taking corrective measures as necessary at all stages of a project. The practice also carries out a continual performance evaluation regime so that standards are maintained and improved where possible.
– All staff follow the directions set out in the Office Procedures Manual.
– All documentation received and issued, both paper and computer, is recorded and stamped and is overseen by at least one director.
– All drawings and specifications are subjected to internal approval systems prior to issue.
– All documentation issued is accompanied by issue record sheets.
-A standardised document management system is in place
– Weekly management meetings are held to monitor progress and administration of ongoing projects and programme, costs and construction quality are crucial agenda items at these meetings.
– Performance improvement is achieved through analysis of work in progress and attendance at further education programmes to keep pace with industry developments.
– Cognisance is taken of the latest Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006 at all stages of a project.
DBFL is also accredited to the Engineers Ireland CPD Programme and is audited annually on its training and development procedures.
The company provide all of its own In-House Reprographics with speedy and cost-efficient document reproduction. With its own in-house IT Department and various outsourced support contracts DBFL strive to provide instant support to any arising Technical or Hardware difficulties. The company also has associations with some of the world’s leading suppliers in Information Technology including Microsoft, Dell Computers, 3Com, Alcatel, Océ and AutoDesk.
All technical staff have access to the IHS Construction Information service allowing extensive access to current Irish, European and British Standards, Technical Publications and Product Catalogues. Full details of our Information Technology systems including software etc is available if required.