DBFL Consulting Engineers are currently seeking to recruit Senior Traffic and Transportation Professionals. Our ever-increasing project folio and successful positioning on frameworks with local authorities and the National Transport Authority have generated positions in our offices in Dublin, Cork & Waterford. We have a significant and expanding workload in the traffic and transportation engineering sector. Current projects include:
- The development and preparation of Transport Strategies for large towns and Local Areas
- The design of a number of significant bus priority schemes (preliminary and detailed design)
- The design of cycle lanes and other cycle facilities in urban and rural environments including greenways (preliminary and detailed)
- The design of various traffic management schemes (including environmental improvement and traffic calming schemes of towns and villages)
- Providing assistance to other departments in DBFL (roads/highway design, street network design in accordance with DMURS, car park design, service access strategies)
- Providing transport related advice and services to support high profile clients in the development of large residential, commercial and educational developments including the development of major new towns and Strategic Development Zones
DBFL has excellent relationships the many local authorities that we work with on a regular basis; we work on the principle that we are the first company that they think of when they require traffic management consultancy services. In order to facilitate the continued expansion of this section DBFL urgently requires a Senior Traffic/Transportation Engineer to lead the delivery of schemes for public and private clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing services ranging from transportation assessments, traffic engineering and management through to the design of urban traffic control systems. He/she will be expected to manage a wide variety of projects in both the public and private sectors with a minimum of supervision. Rapid career progression within an expanding team is possible for the successful candidate.
The following will be required of the successful candidate:
- At least 4 years traffic and transport engineering experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A relevant engineering degree and either hold or are working towards Chartered status
- Ideally hold a relevant postgraduate degree
- Have extensive knowledge of current transport policies and design standards
- Experience in the management of small to medium sized transportation projects, teams & budgets
- Be proficient in the use of ARCADY, PICADY, OSCADY and TRANSYT
- Knowledge of further modelling software such as Vissim/Paramics & Saturn
- A current driver’s licence is desirable
DBFL is accredited to the Engineers Ireland national CPD standard and CPD events and initiatives will be a feature of the position within the office.
Please apply by sending your CV by email with your full name and job title in the subject heading to email@example.com
Apply For Position