DBFL are seeking enthusiastic Structural Engineers with 2 – 5 years’ experience to join our dynamic Team.
With an expanding workload across a variety of sectors, we can offer candidates varied experience across a wide range of public and private sector projects.
The successful candidate will become a member of an enthusiastic and highly experienced team who will support the growth and development of talented engineers. Successful candidates will be involved in the design of structures, working on the preparation and review of structural analysis and design calculations, assisting with the preparation of drawings for conceptual and detailed design, as well as undertaking regular site visits to ensure construction is executed in compliance with the design. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of the fundamentals of structural analysis and should be familiar with Eurocodes.
The successful candidate will also have a requirement to liaise with the internal project team, the wider design team and contractors and should therefore have good communication skills and an ability to work well in a team dynamic.
Requirements and Skills:
• Degree qualified – Structural Engineering Degree (Honours).
• Masters Qualification preferable.
• 2-5 years relevant post-graduate experience.
• A strong analytical knowledge and understanding of engineering principals.
• Demonstrable buildings-focused structural engineering design skills.
• A desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions in a multidiscipline environment.
• IT skills and experience in the use of MS Office. Experience in CAD and structural analysis software is an added advantage.
• The ability to communicate clearly, through sketching, speaking and in writing.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to balance tasks and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
• Full driving licence an advantage.
DBFL is accredited to the Engineers Ireland national CPD standard and CPD events and initiatives will be a feature of the position within the office. We also offer a Graduate Development Programme which provides support towards Chartership through an Engineers Ireland accredited Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme which will be available to successful candidates.
Please apply by completing the form below and attaching your CV.
Apply For Position