DBFL are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer (Chartered) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience to complement the existing Team and help manage our expanding workload across a wide range of challenging public and private sector work with varying project values up to c.€300M.
Reporting to a Director, the candidate’s duties will include taking the technical lead on projects, reviewing and checking designs, preparing Technical Reports, liaising with Clients and Local Authorities, Regulatory Authorities etc and supporting the growth and development of the Team.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate extensive knowledge of Design Standards, DMURS, DMRB, Local Design Guides, GDSDS, SuDS Manual etc. Ideally the candidate should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes with the Local Authorities, Transport Agencies, Regulatory Bodies etc and have demonstrable experience of having undertaken the detailed design of both road and drainage infrastructure. Experience of preparing / administrating Public Works Contracts also desirable.
* The use and application of Microdrainage / WinDES design and PDS / Civil 3Dsoftware;
* The application and principles of Sustainable Drainage (SuDS);
* The preparation of site specific Flood Risk Assessments / Drainage Appraisals;
* Detailed design of Road Works, approval and taking in charge;
* Detailed design of general drainage works, approval and taking in charge;
* Preparing contract documents for Public Works Contracts and administration of same;
* The use and application of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel etc.)
Full driving licence essential.
DBFL is accredited to the Engineers Ireland national CPD standard and CPD events and initiatives will be a feature of the position within the office.
Please apply by completing the form below and attaching your CV.
Apply For Position