Dublin Airport Terminals Taxi Rank Review
Airports & Aviation; Rails & Interchanges
Dublin Airport Authority
DBFL were appointed by Dublin Airport Authority to investigate the problems being experienced by the Taxi drivers when being called from the central taxi holding area to either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2.
The DBFL investigations quantified the specific operational issues and in the context of retaining access / exit requirements to all T1 and T2 bus / coach movements, passengers drop-off / collection and car parking. The identified scheme options included new traffic circulation strategies, relocated / realigned taxi holding areas,, new junction arrangements and new road infrastructure.
DBFL undertook the following principal tasks as part of this commission;
1) Initial site audits, user audits, data collection and traffic surveys
2) Consultation with Taxi Drivers (Stage 1)
3) Scheme Option Development (8 number options identified)
4) Preliminary Design Stage
5) Consultation with Stakeholders (Stage 2)
6) Option Appraisal and costings
7) Strategy Option Reporting and Recommendations