Kilmainham Gaol Visitor Centre
Civil / Structural Works to Kilmainham Courthouse included:
– Installation of passenger lift, platform lift and ambulant disabled stairs.
– Installation of new concrete ground floor to part of the Courtroom.
– Installation of steel access bridge at first floor level linking the West Wing and the East Wing with new door openings at either end of bridge.
– Modifications to existing strengthening works to stone stairs at northwest corner of Courthouse and load testing of the stairs.
– Installation of new rooflight.
– Installation of granite paving / steps.
– Installation of limecrete floor slab to Entrance Hall of Courthouse and in outbuilding.
– Remedial works to metal railing and stone wall along Inchicore Road and SCR.
– Installation of foul and surface water drains.
Civil / Structural Works to Kilmainham Gaol included:
– Installation paving, ramps and steps in the Yard.
– Construction of new door opening in Museum building, leading into the Yard.
– Installation of protective steel fencing beside basement area to East Wing of the Gaol.
– Installation of foul and surface water drains in Yard and connection to manholes in Courthouse site.